Saturday, June 20, 2009

Busy Weekend

Holiday weekends are always so busy for Nathan and I. Even though Fathers Day is not a huge holiday it is still important.
Nathan is out getting his hair cut and looking for a gift for his dad (he is a last minute shopper!) I got on here after he left, and actually got to talk to Jeremy (Brother in South Korea). It was great to hear from him. He and his wife had a baby alittle over a week ago, Colton Layne. He is so adorable. I can not wait until they make it back to the states so I can see all of them, 9 more months. Their older daughter Sydney is growing up so fast.
We have a wedding to go to this afternoon. A friend from High School. I am excited for him and excited to see everyone today. Anymore it is hard to keep up with everyone.
Tonight we are going to Justin and Sarah's, we are excited, we have not been out there much lately. We also have to get some food ready for Dad's thing (i call it a thing cause I am not sure how to clasify it!, I don't thnk it is really a party cause we did not send out invites!)
Then tomorrow, I told nathan I wanted to go swimming and he responded telling me we could get up early and go. Who gets up early and goes swimming?! I guess my husband!
But we also are going to go to Pea Ridge to have lunch with Nathans dad before going back out to my Dads. Nathan and his dad do not get to spend much time together since Randy (his dad) and Sue have taken on raising their great grand daughter. Its great that they were willing to step up and put her in a safer environment though.
In addition to all this stuff, Nathan is leaving to do an out of town job on Monday. He will go to Little Rock for a couple of weeks and then start a job in Atkins, Ar soon. We have known it was coming but it is starting to hit me that he will not be here during the weeks. I went grocery shopping yesterday and had no idea what to buy since it was just for me. He gets to come home every weekend though so hopefully the weeks will fly by. Once school starts back I know it will go by faster but until then I am going to have to find something to occupy my time.


Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment