Thursday, January 14, 2010

Student Teaching!

UGH. This week has been crazy and I am ready for the weekend. As of January 4th, I started student teaching. My first week would have been spent at the high school that is hosting me, but snow caused the school to close all week. Monday I started a 4 week "block" of class. We are learning about dealing with diversity in classes, teaching agricultural labs, as well as program planning and all the behind the scenes of running an ag program. This is 12 course hours all crammed into 4 weeks. I am so antsy by the end of the day that I have to get up and stand against the wall while listening to my teacher. There are only 9 of us in these classes so we all get to help each other out. After these 4 weeks I will venture back out to Springdale High for the remainder of the semster. That is, if I make it that far!
Also, I applied for graduate school and am ready to head down that road...I enjoy research and am excited to write my thesis. If you get the chance look into downloading SecondLife...Its free. It is an online virtual world that my reasearch will be using to look at the educational effectiveness of online atmospheres. If you decide to try it, look me up "Kristin Loopen" is my in world name!
I am headed out but felt the need to blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment